Greater Zurich Area AG
As the international contact partner for promotion and marketing of the Greater Zurich Area economic region, Greater Zurich Area AG (GZA) acts as a mediator between international companies looking to settle in the area and local interests and requirements.
GZA views itself as a service-oriented competency center with a clear focus on international companies that can offer high and especially sustainable value for the Zurich economic region.
As a very flexible organization that adapts to current trends, GZA uses its dynamism and innovative strength to continually benefit the Zurich economic region as well as the entire Swiss economy.
GZA acts without bias both as a partner on behalf of its cantonal and local partners and when it comes to international location competition.
In collaboration with regional business promotion partners and numerous providers in the fields of industry, science, education and tourism, GZA offers free, expert services:
- Processing of information on the Greater Zurich Area
- Support for international companies in evaluating their future business location in the Greater Zurich Area
- Consulting for international businesses for investor projects and support during the process of setting up a company
- Organization of individually tailored due-diligence visits
- Liaison with the right contact partners for you in all sectors
- Establishment of contacts with authorities in the member cantons of Glarus, Grisons, Schaffhausen, Schwyz, Solothurn, Zug and Zurich as well as the city of Zurich and the region of Winterthur
- Specific know-how in the areas of life sciences, information and communication technology, high-tech and headquarter functions
- Responses to all questions about setting up a company, market environment, taxes, real estate, work permits, HR recruiting, financing, research institutions, technology transfer, etc.
Markets and industries
GZA approaches companies active in the following industries in the USA, China and selected European countries:
- Information and communication technology
- Life sciences
- Machine industry
The GZA interacts with all industries to communicate the benefits of the Greater Zurich Area when it comes to headquarter functions.
The Greater Zurich Area AG has been operating since August 1999. The company's name was changed from "The Zurich Network" to "Greater Zurich Area AG" in September 2002.
- Sonja Wollkopf Walt, Managing Director
- Lukas Huber, Deputy Director
- Dr. Balz Hösly, Partner, MME Partners Zurich and Zug (Chairman of the Board of Directors of Greater Zurich Area AG)
- Dr. Ulf Berg, BLR & Partners AG
- Eugen Arpagaus, Director of the Office of Economy and Tourism, Canton of Graubünden
- Marc P. Bernegger, Technology Pioneer
- Dr. Bernhard Neidhart, Director of the Office of Economy and Labor, Canton of Zug (Vice-Chairman)
- Bruno Sauter, Director of the Office of Economy and Labor, Canton of Zurich
- Anna Schindler, Director of Urban Development, City of Zurich
The most powerful, competitive and livable metropolitan region in Switzerland.
- Foundation:1998 (as "The Zurich Network")
- Industry: Location Marketing
- Headquarters: Zurich
- Other Locations: China, USA
- Number of Employees: 16
- Budget: CHF 4 m (2014)
- Organizational Structure: Public-Private Partnership
- Public Members: Cantons of Glarus, Grisons, Schaffhausen, Solothurn, Schwyz, Uri, Zug, Zurich, Region of Winterthur, City of Zürich
- Private Members: Alpine Finanz Immobilien AG; AMAG Automobil- und Motoren AG, Credit Suisse Group; Flughafen Zürich AG; Glarner Kantonalbank; Graubündner Kantonalbank; MLS Dr. Max Schnopp AG; Rhenus Alpina AG; Schaffhauser Kantonalbank; Schwyzer Kantonalbank; Steiner AG; Swiss Engineering; Swiss Life; Swiss Prime Site; Swiss Re Group; UBS; VISCHER; Zuger Kantonalbank; Zürcher Handelskammer; Zürcher Kantonalbank und die Zürich Versicherungs-Gesellschaft AG