The canton of Zug is located in the heart of Europe, in the center of Switzerland, and is one of the most popular places to do business and live, as evidenced by numerous independent rankings such as those from Credit Suisse or UBS. But what makes Zug so unique as a location?
The canton's concept for success is based on a long-term development strategy. The intensive interaction between politics, business and science provides a fertile ground for pioneering innovations. In addition, companies appreciate the Spirit of Zug with its short distances and service-oriented administration, which enables efficient solutions to be found. Ultimately, it is not individual factors that are decisive for the attractiveness of Canton Zug, but the unique combination of outstanding location factors. A pronounced business friendliness, availability of skilled workers, stability, attractive taxation, high quality of life, and the central location combined make for the best overall package.
Allow yourself to be convinced by the effective business environment of the canton. With the virtual tour by Aumivi you can experience the business location with the most important institutions, universities and schools as well as the companies of the industry clusters.
The Economic Promotion Zug supports you as your partner.
Most important industries with associated flagship companies (mostly headquarters)
- Wholesale (incl. commodity trading): Glencore, RBI (Burger King)
- High-tech industry: Siemens Smart Infrastructure (global headquarters), V-Zug, Landis+Gyr (global headquarters)
- Life Science (Pharma, Biotech, Medtech): Johnson & Johnson (international functions), Roche Diagnostics (global headquarters), Biogen (international headquarters), Amgen (international headquarters), AstraZeneca
- Information and communication technology: Luxoft (DXC Technology Company)
- Financial Services (PE, Asset Management, Fintech): Partners Group (global headquarters)
- Individual headquarters functions (supply chain & procurement): AB InBev
- LKQ Europe, FunPlus, Galderma (global headquarters)
- Many EU headquarters (Mirati Therapeutics, Taiho Oncology, Blueprint)
- Lafarge Holcim (global headquarters)
- Align Technology (EMEA headquarters)
The Tech Cluster Zug sends out a signal for the future of industry in Switzerland. An attractive innovation quarter with great charisma is being created at the unique location in Zug. A high degree of networking is creating a vibrant city.
A new residential and working quarter with industrial charm is being built on the Papieri site in Cham, Zug. Prominent old buildings from the original paper mill are being joined by attractive new buildings and realized in a sustainable manner. A wide variety of commercial and industrial spaces for a wide range of uses are available for your business.
More public partners
More public partners
The Greater Zurich Area Foundation and the operational Greater Zurich Area Ltd. (GZA) are supported by 11 public partners. This anchors the organization in the regional business spheres within the economic area from which settling companies benefit.