Zofingen/Schlieren - Siegfried has acquired a stake of 95 percent in DiNAMIQS. The global life sciences firm is planning to bring the development and production platform for cell and gene therapy from DiNAMIQS to commercial scale. Siegfried expects to generate new growth opportunities on this basis.

The global pharma group Siegfried, based in Zofingen in the canton of Aargau, has announced that it has acquired 95 percent of DiNAMIQS, a biotechnology company based in Schlieren in the canton of Zurich, further details of which can be found in a press release. The remaining stake of 5 percent remains with the parent company DiNAQOR. The location and production facilities at Bio-Technopark Schlieren-Zurich will be retained.

The total investment from Siegfried, including the establishment of a new manufacturing facility, will be in “the mid double-digit million Swiss Francs” range, the company writes in the press release. After a period of five years following the closing of the transaction, Siegfried will have the option to acquire the remaining stake of 5 percent from DiNAQOR.

Via its platform, DiNAMIQS offers clinical vector development, analytics and manufacturing services for the gene therapy market. Founded in 2020, the company employs a team of experienced industry experts and scientists in fully equipped research and development labs with cutting-edge pilot-scale facilities.

Dr. Johannes Holzmeister, CEO of DiNAQOR, believes that Siegfried is the ideal partner for his company. Siegfried will contribute its “extensive CDMO experience as well as profound expertise in GMP manufacturing for the benefit of all current and future customers of DiNAMIQS”, Holzmeister explains.

“With this acquisition, we are entering the rapidly growing space of cell and gene therapies”, comments Dr. Wolfgang Wienand, CEO of Siegfried, in the press release. This investment in a “highly capable technology platform” will offer Siegfried “significant value upside at reasonable entry costs”, he concludes. ce/eb

Contact us

Can we put you in touch with a peer company or research institute? Do you need any information regarding your strategic expansion to Switzerland's technology and business center?