Greater Zurich makes a positive impact to your sustainability initiative
ESG metrics are increasingly important performance indicators for most sustainable companies. Expanding or relocating a business can have a dramatic impact on these metrics, and Switzerland is the ideal location for meeting sustainability goals.
Switzerland regularly ranks among the top sustainable countries in the world and the country is renowned for its longstanding commitment to climate protection and has been a global model for prosperity.
Within Switzerland, the Greater Zurich Area leads the way and is committed to sustainability and furthering the growth of its circular economy.
Home to eco-friendly startups and sustainable corporations alike, the region ranks #8 in the Global Destination Sustainability Movement Index. With reliable, efficient energy sources, bold carbon footprint goals, high quality of life, and a commitment to environmental protection, Greater Zurich can help ensure your company achieves a future-forward vision of success.
The innovative technology called “direct air capture” removes excess CO₂ from the air so it can no longer contribute to climate change. In collaboration with high-quality CO₂ storage, Climeworks provides a carbon removal service that’s permanent, measurable, and scalable.
The FoodTech company aims to reduce the negative impact of the traditional meat industry on the planet while providing healthy and tasty proteins. Planted’s plant-based meat is made only from natural ingredients and also finds success abroad.
By replacing fossil fuels with carbon-neutral solar fuels, Synhelion aims to close the carbon cycle and drive a world connected by clean, sustainable transportation. Solar fuels are synthetic fuels produced from solar energy and fully compatible with existing global fuel infrastructure.
Free expansion services
Interested in expanding your business into Switzerland? Our team helps sustainability-minded companies achieve their goals. We act as an intermediary, door opener and facilitator and have already helped over 1,000 companies successfully expand into Greater Zurich, all free of charge.
Top 4 factors in Switzerland’s commitment to sustainability
- Protecting and preserving the environment is embedded in Swiss culture with high investments in sustainable energy production. Both Switzerland and the Greater Zurich region are committed to helping businesses contribute to sustainable development goals.
- Switzerland is famous for resource efficiency, which is also reflected in a sustainable economy. The recycling system is very advanced, with many raw material wastes being converted into energy.
- Greater Zurich’s excellence as an innovation hub means that new clean technology can be applied across industries to deliver more sustainable products and services. From energy to financial services, businesses in the Greater Zurich Area are leading the way in sustainability.
- A highly educated and diverse workforce drives innovation. Paired with high levels of productivity, Greater Zurich is an ideal setting for businesses committed to sustainable growth.
Circular economy & sustainability in the Greater Zurich Area
Ask an expert
Ask an expert
Are you interested in learning more about how the Greater Zurich Area can support your sustainable business needs?
Let us connect you with the right expert with experience helping companies grow internationally. Our services are free of charge and include:
- Connection to leading service providers, research partners, and key industry contacts
- Advice on setting up a company to achieve your business goals, both environmentally and socially
- Custom fact-finding visits
Learn more about the benefits of doing business in the Greater Zurich Area.
The PDF outlines why Switzerland regularly ranks number 1 in innovation.
This PDF outlines why Greater Zurich is a top location for European Expansion